These adorable little Halloween Spook-sters are quick, easy, and cute! Here's what you need to whip up some adorable Ghost Clippies, Hairbows, (or use them as Embellishments!) for your little one:
- 3/8" Ribbon (White Grosgrain)
- 7/8" Ribbon (Orange Grosgrain...or Purple, or Polka Dot...get creative!)
- Googly Eyes (I used the 7mm size)
- Craft Wire
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hair Clippie
- Fray-Check (heat-sealing your ends isn't going to work on a project this small)
To make a 4-piece ghost, you'll need to cut the following pieces of 3/8" ribbon, cut your ends in the little "upside down V shape" and fray-check them:
- 1 piece that's about 6" long - V-cut and fray-check both ends
- 2 pieces that are about 3" long - V-cut one end and fray-check both ends
- 1 piece that's about 1.5" long - fray-check both ends (do not V-cut)
- 1 piece that's about 5.5" long - V-cut and fray-check both ends
- 3 pieces that are about 3" long - V-cut one end and fray-check both ends
- 1 piece that's about 2" long - fray-check both ends (don't V-cut)
- For a 4-piece Ghost - 3.5" piece of 7/8" ribbon (fray-check both ends)
- For a 5-piece Ghost - 4.5" piece of 7/8" ribbon (fray-check both ends)
First, take your 2" piece and the longest piece (the one you V-cut on both ends) and glue them together like this:
Wrap the end not glued around to towards the bottom, forming an upside-down U shape, like this:
*Notice that the horizontal piece of ribbon is curled...that's how its supposed to be. You'll fix it in the next step!*
To flatten the ghost out, you'll need to hot glue the U shape to make "corners" like this:
Now, take your 2 or 3 (depending on which size Ghost you're making) pieces of white that only have one end V-cut and glue them to the Ghost like this:
*Don't worry about the top edges. Focus on keeping the V-cut edges in a neat line.*
Trim the top ribbon edges as close to the glue as you can.
Now its time to make your little Ghost's Hairbow! Grab your 7/8" piece of ribbon and fold it into a loop shape, like this:
Put just a dot of glue on both ends of one end of the ribbon and glue the loop together. Make sure there isn't any glue in the center, or you won't be able to fold it!
Fold your ribbon into a little bow, like this:
Use craft wire to secure the bow, and hot glue the rhinestone in the center to cover the wire. Hot glue the bow to the Ghost and you should have something that looks like this:
Hot glue your googly eyes on and you're done!
You can now add these little Ghosts to ribbon-covered hair clippies, or make them the focal point of a larger bow by using them as the center, like I did.
These ghosts would also be adorable embellishments for scrapbooking and I'm planning to use them on Hensley's Halloween Panel Dress!
Happy Halloween Crafting!